Donate Your Vehicle
Donating your unwanted car, truck, boat or RV is fast and simple with the Volunteers of America of Indiana Vehicle Donation Program.
- You may receive greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your itemized tax return.
- You'll be spared the ordeal of selling your vehicle.
- You'll make a valuable contribution to help people in need in your community.
HOW DO I DONATE A VEHICLE?
Call 317-780-CARS (2277) or 800-333-6331
Or Donate Online
The Volunteers of America of Indiana staff will ask you a few questions regarding your donation. We will arrange for a tow service to contact you.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING THE PROCESS:
Volunteers of America NEVER makes unsolicited calls or door-to-door calls seeking a vehicle donation. We provide program information to potential car donors through commercial advertising such as billboards, television, radio ads, and internet ads. Appropriate documentation, including a receipt at the time of tow/pickup, is provided to the donor in a timely fashion. All towing and pickup times are scheduled through our staff and towing service of which the donor is always notified of ahead of time. If you ever have a question about the process, please call our offices at the number(s) below.
WHAT CAN BE ACCEPTED?
• Boats with trailers
Motorized vehicles require a current title, free of lien.
- Trailers must have titles.
- Items must have tires that are inflated.
- All components (engine, transmission, etc.) must be in the vehicle.
Donors who itemize are able to claim the maximum amount as allowed by law. More information can be found in the IRS Publication 526. Please consult your tax advisor.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
OR TO DONATE A VEHICLE PLEASE CONTACT
Volunteers of America of Indiana
Return to Give a Gift.