Volunteers of America of Indiana has a number of programs where individuals and groups can serve. We may have open volunteer and internship opportunities in Evansville, Fort Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis, and Terre Haute.
In 2013, 560 volunteers served Volunteers of America of Indiana with almost 9,000 hours of service – we can always use more volunteers!
- Prospective undergraduate interns and non-clinical graduate interns are encouraged to email their cover letter and resume to Sara Pugh, Coordinator of Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate clinical interns are primarily selected by our Healing Families and Behavioral Health staff in coordination with local universities, namely IUPUI and University of Indianapolis.
- Please note that all interns must start the process to become an intern a month or more before their desired start date.
- All interns and on-going volunteers must submit to a fingerprint background check prior to starting their service.
Individual & Group Opportunities
- Contact Sara Pugh, Coordinator of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com or (317) 224-2616. She will provide more details of available opportunities.
- If you're interested in hosting bible studies or Sunday services for our clients, contact Chaplain Kimberly Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 224-2613.
- We are certified by Service Enterprise.
Ways to Get Involved
Become a Mentor
Volunteers of America of Indiana provides volunteer mentors to parents and individuals who are transitioning out of the criminal justice system. We have individual and group mentor opportunities in Indianapolis and the surrounding area.
- For Volunteer and Internship Opportunity Inquiries Contact Sara Pugh, Coordinator of Volunteer Services
- Phone: 317-224-2616
- Fax: 317-686-5810